2nd Year Exam Revision Course
Book the best Exam Revision course today.
This 4-day intensive course introduces 2nd year students to the academic skills and techniques they need to succeed at Junior Cycle level.
Classes are based online and all students enrolled on this course will benefit from:
- Exceptional tuition from the Institute’s leading teachers
- Exam focused class notes
- Examiner insights
- Recordings of all their classes (available to replay right up to the end of the 2023 State Examinations)
- Strategies to achieve academic success.
Book the best Exam Revision course today.
To learn more about what will be covered on this course please select from the subject list below:
This course focuses on developing the skills required for Junior Cycle English.
- Introduction to Junior Cycle English.
- Indicators of quality (what to include in your answers).
- Structure and timing in tests.
- Simple grammatical mistakes, common spelling errors and how to correct them.
- Reading and responding to poetry.
- Reading and responding to prose (comprehension).
- Creative writing – How to write vividly, speech writing and short story tips.
- CBA 1 – Oral Task.
This course will focus on areas of the two main tenses students need to tackle the Junior Cycle Irish curriculum. Students will also be introduced to composition in the form of letter writing (formal and informal) and the literature course in the form of the short story. Students will explore in detail a short story, learn how to tackle texts, and how they should prepare for and study all text types on the syllabus.
- The past tense
- The present tense
- Introduction to literature and the short story
- Composition: formal and informal letter writing
This course focuses on the Project Maths syllabus for Junior Cycle. Students are encouraged to gain confidence in their problem solving skills through a series of practical, interactive exercises.
- Solving & sketching quadratic equations incl. Quadratic formula
- Graphing functions
- Simultaneous equations
Please bring a calculator
In this course students are introduced to key elements of the Junior Cycle Common Level Science syllabus.
- The Cell, Ecology, Energy Cycle
- Atoms and Bonding (ionic and Covalent)
- Energy and Patterns
Earth and Space
- Celestial Objects
Nature of Science
|Subject||Fee||Cost Per Additional Subject|
- Credit Card payments accepted.
- 10% reduction for the second and subsequent members of the same family, attending the same courses. Please contact our office to avail of this discount.
- Fees are non-transferable.
Online Exam Revision Course – FAQQ: What subjects are available Online?
A: Please refer to the ‘Subjects’ tab to view the schedule of subjects on offer online.
Q: How do I access my online grinds classes?
A: Students enrolled on the course will receive an email from us containing their unique login details and links to access their chosen subjects. Login credentials will be sent in advance of course start date. Only those details sent to you will enable you to successfully access classes online.
Q: How are the online grinds hosted?
A: All online classes are hosted live on Microsoft Teams. The links to the classes are accessed via Moodle. Students must sign into both Moodle and MS Teams with the @instituteofeducation.ie login credentials sent to the student.
Q: Are the online grinds pre-recorded?
A: No, each online grinds class is streamed live as per the timetable. Recordings of classes will be available after each live class is completed. These can then be replayed as a revision aid.
Q: Will I have access to recordings of the classes?
A: Yes, recordings of classes will be available. These can then be replayed as a revision aid. These will be available up until the end of the 2023 academic year
Q: What equipment do I need to access online grinds?
A: We would advise that all students enrolling in our online grinds have the following:
- Access to a reliable wifi service.
- Access to a PC, Laptop, Tablet, or similar device.
- We would not recommend using a mobile phone.
Q: If I'm attending the online classes will I have access to the notes?
A: Yes, students enrolled in online classes will receive a delivery of notes for each chosen subject. Please allow five working days for delivery from the time of booking.
Q: Are the class notes available online?
A: No, a hard copy will be posted out to each student for the subjects they enrol in.
“Killian found the Institute’s online revision course very helpful. He thought that the teacher was superb and made the course content really interesting. Getting the notes delivered to our door was incredibly convenient and the ability to re-watch the classes afterwards is a huge advantage.”
David, Father of Killian
“My daughter Aisling really benefited from attending the Institute’s online course. The standard of teaching was exceptional from start to finish and the class notes are very comprehensive. Based on her experience I would certainly recommend the course to other students.”
Paula, Mother of Aisling
“I enjoyed the classes much more than I thought I would! The teachers were great and they went through everything in great detail. They explained things very clearly. The class videos were also really good to have afterwards.”
Will, 3rd year student