4th Year Exam Revision Course
Book the best Exam Revision course today.
This 4-day intensive exam-focused course prepares 4th year students for success in their Leaving Certificate exams.
Classes are based online and all students enrolled on this course will benefit from:
- Exceptional tuition from the Institute’s leading teachers
- Exam focused class notes
- Examiner insights
- Recordings of all their classes (available to replay right up to the end of the 2023 State Examinations)
- Strategies to achieve academic success.
Book the best Exam Revision course today.
To learn more about what will be covered on this course please select from the subject list below:
This course provides students with an overview of Leaving Certificate Higher Level Biology, allowing them to get a head start on key elements of the Senior Cycle course.
- Scientific Method
- Introduction to Ecology
- Cell Structure
- Cell Division
- Osmosis/Diffusion/Active Transport
- Human Breathing
- Human Digestion
This course will introduce students to the different Language Genres prescribed for study at Leaving Certificate Higher Level. This is crucial work that must be done in preparation for Paper 1 of the exam, which is worth 50% of the final grade. With the announcement that students beginning 5th Year in August 2023 will be expected to sit their Paper 1 at the end of 5th year, the importance of this work cannot be overestimated.
- An introduction to Paper 1: layout, timing and analysis of tasks.
- Analysis of the characteristics of Persuasive and Argumentative language.
- Analysis of effective Speech Writing.
This course has been designed to help students develop their own autonomous writing skills in preparation for Senior Cycle Higher Level Irish. By the end of the course, the student will have a much stronger grasp on the important fundamentals of sentence structure in the Irish language.
- Students will be brought at a comfortable pace through the conjugation of the past, present and future tenses in Irish. These are the fundamental building blocks which every student will need at senior level in all aspects of their senior cycle.
- Focus on how sentences are connected in Irish in order to allow the student to compose their own sentences.
- The copula in Irish, while introducing prepositional verbs and the eclipsis in Irish.
This course provides an opportunity for students to consolidate prior learning from the Junior Cycle and to obtain an introduction to Leaving Certificate Maths topics on papers 1 and 2..
- Algebra– Factorising, Simplifying Expressions.
- Solving Equations including Surd Equations.
- Co-ordinate Geometry- Area of a Triangle, Perpendicular Distance from a Point to a Line.
|Subject||Fee||Cost Per Additional Subject|
- Credit Card payments accepted.
- 10% reduction for the second and subsequent members of the same family, attending the same courses. Please contact our office to avail of this discount.
- Fees are non-transferable.
Online Exam Revision Course – FAQQ: What subjects are available Online?
A: Please refer to the ‘Subjects’ tab to view the schedule of subjects on offer online.
Q: How do I access my online grinds classes?
A: Students enrolled on the course will receive an email from us containing their unique login details and links to access their chosen subjects. Login credentials will be sent in advance of course start date. Only those details sent to you will enable you to successfully access classes online.
Q: How are the online grinds hosted?
A: All online classes are hosted live on Microsoft Teams. The links to the classes are accessed via Moodle. Students must sign into both Moodle and MS Teams with the @instituteofeducation.ie login credentials sent to the student.
Q: Will I have access to recordings of the classes?
A: Yes, recordings of classes will be available. These can then be replayed as a revision aid. These will be available up until the end of the 2023 academic year
Q: What equipment do I need to access online grinds?
A: We would advise that all students enrolling in our online grinds have the following:
- Access to a reliable wifi service.
- Access to a PC, Laptop, Tablet, or similar device.
- We would not recommend using a mobile phone.
Q: If I'm attending the online classes will I have access to the notes?
A: Yes, students enrolled in online classes will receive a delivery of notes for each chosen subject. Please allow five working days for delivery from the time of booking.
Q: Are the class notes available online?
A: No, a hard copy will be posted out to each student for the subjects they enrol in.
“I found the online revision course really beneficial. My teacher was brilliant and covered a huge amount in a short time. Having the notes and being able to re-watch the class recordings has made revision so much easier.“
James, 6th year student
“I would definitely recommend the Institute’s online revision courses to other students. The online classes were great and being able to watch the recordings afterwards was brilliant. The notes I received are superb and really helped to keep me focused.”
Olivia, 5th year student
“Killian found the Institute’s online revision course very helpful. He thought that the teacher was superb and made the course content really interesting. Getting the notes delivered to our door was incredibly convenient and the ability to re-watch the classes afterwards is a huge advantage.”
David, Father of Killian