May Exam Preparation Course
3rd Year Students
Our 2022 3rd Year May Exam Preparation Course, running between Thursday 19th to Monday 23rd May, will take place online.
These classes are specifically designed for online participation, so you can engage with and ask questions, as you need, just like a regular class.
No matter what subjects you choose, you will have the benefit of live, direct engagement with our outstanding teachers, and access to class recordings, an invaluable revision aid, as the you prepare for your exams in June 2022.
All classes are fully interactive and will be recorded live. Students will be able to access, review, and re-watch the recordings as many times as you wish right up to the end of the State Exams in June 2022.
This 3rd Year May Exam Preparation Course is exam focused and designed to focus and refresh student minds prior to the June exams, reviewing likely topics and perfecting exam skills and timing. Students are provided with high quality notes and key techniques to enable them to achieve their maximum potential in the Junior Cycle exams this June.
Students attending these classes receive the following benefits:
- Exceptional and interactive tuition from some of Ireland’s most experienced teachers. Exam strategies, examiner insights are key areas of focus of every class.
- Access to the recordings of live classes delivered by our outstanding teachers to replay, rewind and re-watch as often as they wish up to the end of the 2022 Junior Cycle Exams.
- The Institute’s legendary class notes to support tuition.
**Please Note: If you book a course after Wednesday, 11th May, we cannot guarantee delivery of the exam-focused class notes before the start of the course. We will, however, be offering a collection service from our reception from Monday 16th May to Tuesday 24th May between 9am and 4pm each day. To arrange this, please call our office on 01 661 3511.
Preparing for the Junior Cycle Exams – We’ve Got You Covered.
Students attending this course receive the following benefits:
- Tuition from highly qualified and experienced educators.
- Comprehensive, exam focused course notes, which support classroom tuition.
- Strategies for maximising exam performance.
To learn more about what will be covered on this course, please select from the subject list below:English (H)
This course is designed to introduce students to the requirements of the new Junior Cycle English exam.
- Why am I here?
- What is Junior Cycle English?
- Junior Cycle Key skills
- Material to cover
- Junior Cycle grades
- What advice would I give?
- How to read an exam paper
- How to present your answer
- General indicators of quality
- Level of answering
- Main areas of concern
- How to present your answer
- Answering unseen material
- Answering studied material
- Literary devices
- Film techniques
- Language of drama
This course is designed to revise key elements of the Junior Certificate Project Maths syllabus.
- Exam Style Unified Questions (connecting multiple topics)
This course is structured to ensure students achieve the best results possible in their Junior Cycle Science Common Level exam.
- Inheritance (genetics)
- Sexual Reproduction
- Gas Production
- Rates of Reactions
- Energy and Electricity
- Exam Preparation
There will be a strong emphasis on exam preparation and paper questions.
|Thurs 19th May||11am - 2pm||English (H)|
|Fri 20th May||10am - 1pm||Science (C)|
|Mon 23rd May||10am - 1pm||Maths (H)|
- All classes will take place online using Moodle, our Online Learning Platform.
|Number of Classes||Price|
- Credit Card payments accepted.
- 10% reduction for the second and subsequent members of the same family, attending the same courses. Please contact our office to avail of this discount.
- Fees are non-transferable.
Click on each question for the answer>>Q: How do I access my online classes?
A: Students enrolled on the course will receive an email from us containing their unique login details and links to access their chosen subjects. Login credentials will be sent in advance of course start date. Only those details sent to you will enable you to successfully access classes online.
Q: Will I have access to recordings of the classes?
A: Yes, recordings of classes will be available after each live class is completed. These can then be replayed as a revision aid. These will be available up until the end of the State exams 2022.
Q: Are there any specific requirements to attending this online course?
A: We would advise that all students enrolling in our online course have the following:
• Access to a reliable wifi service.
• Access to a PC, Laptop, Tablet, or similar device.
• We would not recommend using a mobile phone.
Q: Are the class notes available online?
A: No, a hard copy will be given out to each student for the subjects they enrol in.
Q: How much is the fee per class?
A: This depends on the number of subjects taken. Please refer to the fees table to see a list of fees.
Q: Is attendance at part-time courses monitored?
A: Yes, attendance is monitored for each class attended. The Institute however accepts no responsibility for students who fail to attend class.
Q: Are the classes conducted ‘lecture style’ or are students free to ask questions?
A: Our classes are interactive and our teachers use a variety of methods to ensure that students can ask questions and contribute to the class.
Q: My son/daughter cannot attend the course. Can we buy the notes?
A: No. Teaching is a central part of all our courses. The notes are to facilitate recall and revision of the day’s work covered by the teacher.