Halloween Junior Cycle Grinds for 3rd Year Students
These classes consist of 3 hours of intensive, exam focused tuition and are suitable for students sitting the Junior Cycle in June. Taught by our skilled and experienced teachers, students receive a concentrated overview of the subject syllabus, with specific attention paid to likely topics and exam skills and techniques.
Booking is not currently available for this course. For further information on grinds and part-time courses please contact our main office on 01 661 3511.
Students attending these classes receive the following benefits:
- Tuition from highly qualified and experienced educators.
- Comprehensive, exam focused course notes, which support classroom tuition.
- Strategies for maximising exam performance.
To learn more about what will be covered Halloween Junior Cycle grinds, please select from the subject list below:
This course is designed to introduce students to the requirements of the new Junior Cycle English exam.
- The CBA2 (Collection of Texts) and the Assessment task are covered.
- How to structure an answer to get maximum results in the exam.
- Notes will be provided on poetry, fiction, drama, functional writing and media.
This course covers many aspects of the Junior Cert Maths course, touching on material from both Paper 1 and Paper 2.
Paper 1 – Topics from:
- Number systems.
Paper 2 – Topics from:
- Coordinate Geometry.
- Area and Volume.
In this course students are introduced to key elements of the Junior Cycle Common Level Science syllabus.
Respiration and Photosynthesis.
Rates of Reaction.
- Earth and Space
How Our Universe Began and Climate Change.
Students will be provided with a concise set of notes on all 5 topics in addition to sample questions.
The updated timetable for 2020/21 will be available shortly.
- Students may opt to do one, two or three days of the course.
- All classes take place on our main school campus, 79-85 Lower Leeson Street, Dublin 2.
Fees for 2020/21 will be available shortly.
- Credit Card payments accepted.
- 10% reduction for the second and subsequent members of the same family, attending the same courses. Please contact our office to avail of this discount.
- Fees are non-transferable
Q: Can I be admitted to class without my card?
A: NO CARD, NO CLASS. It is every student’s personal responsibility to ensure they have their card with them each time they attend classes at the Institute. We have the right to refuse admission to any student who does not comply with this regulation. A day pass costs €10. A replacement card costs €20.
Q: Is there a place I can get lunch?
A: Yes, we have an onsite canteen serving a variety of sandwiches and drinks. Also, locally, there are sandwich bars and shops.
Q: Are the classes conducted ‘lecture style’ or are students free to ask questions?
A: Our teachers are very approachable and students are free to ask questions.
Q: My son/daughter is unwell and cannot attend. Can I have a refund?
A: No, there are no refunds. However, if you return the student’s admission card to us immediately, along with a short letter of explanation, at the discretion of management, a credit note can be put on the student’s file for future use or for use by a sibling.
Q: My son/daughter cannot attended the course. Can we buy the notes?
A: No. Teaching is a central part of all our courses. The notes are to facilitate recall and revision of the day’s work covered by the teacher.
Q: Am I entitled to the notes from classes that I was absent from?
A: Yes, however you must deal directly with your teacher in relation to this. Administration staff do not have access to class notes.