May Exam Preparation Course
6th Year Students
Our 2022 6th Year May Exam Preparation Course, running between Thursday 19th to Wednesday 25th May, will take place online.
These classes are specifically designed for online participation, so you can engage with and ask questions, as you need, just like a regular class.
No matter what subjects you choose, you will have the benefit of live, direct engagement with our outstanding teachers, and access to class recordings, an invaluable revision aid, as the you prepare for your exams in June 2022.
All classes are fully interactive and will be recorded live. Students will be able to access, review, and re-watch the recordings as many times as you wish right up to the end of the State Exams in June 2022.
This 6th Year May Exam Preparation Course is exam focused and designed to focus and refresh student minds prior to the June exams, reviewing likely topics and perfecting exam skills and timing. Students are provided with high quality notes and key techniques to enable them to achieve their maximum potential in the Leaving Certificate exams this June.
Students attending these classes receive the following benefits:
- Exceptional and interactive tuition from some of Ireland’s most experienced teachers. Exam strategies, examiner insights are key areas of focus of every class.
- Access to the recordings of live classes delivered by our outstanding teachers to replay, rewind and re-watch as often as they wish up to the end of the 2022 Leaving Cert Exams.
- The Institute’s legendary class notes to support tuition.
**Please Note: If you book a course after Wednesday, 11th May, we cannot guarantee delivery of the exam-focused class notes before the start of the course. We will, however, be offering a collection service from our reception from Monday 16th May to Tuesday 24th May between 9am and 4pm each day. To arrange this, please call our office on 01 661 3511.
Preparing for the Leaving Cert – We’ve Got You Covered.
Students attending this course receive the following benefits:
- Tuition from highly qualified and experienced educators.
- Comprehensive, exam focused course notes, which support classroom tuition.
- Strategies for maximising exam performance.
To learn more about what will be covered on this course, please select from the subject list below:
This course will focus on preparing students for the Higher Level Biology paper in June. Students work with past papers, and supplementary notes are provided. Sample answers are also provided for some of the more challenging questions associated with Section C of the written examination.
- Scientific Method
- Cell Structure
- Cell Diversity
- Cell Division
This course will cover key elements of the Leaving Certificate Higher level Chemistry syllabus.
- Volumetric Analysis
- Organic Chemistry
- Atomic Theory
This course is designed to prepare students for the Leaving Certificate Higher Level English exam.
- Revise of the role of the Key Characters in ‘Othello’
- Review the thematic concerns and stylistic qualities of
- a) Elizabeth Bishop
- b) Brendan Kennelly
- c) Adrienne Rich
- Revise an approach to successful Comparative essay writing, with a focus on the General Vision & Viewpoint.
- Review the key elements of
- a) Personal Essay Writing
- b) Persuasive Language
- The wording of QA & QB Comprehension tasks.
The aim of this course is to provide students with the resources necessary to deal with the demands of the French Paper. All aspects of the French Written paper will be dealt with, including: Diary Entries, Reaction Pieces and Reading Comprehensions. Detailed advice will be given on examination technique and comprehensive notes will also be provided to help students improve in final weeks before the exam. Examination Technique will also given for the Listening Comprehension Examination.
Maths (H) Paper 1
This course covers the essential methods, formulae and procedures required for success in Paper 1 of the Leaving Certificate Higher Level Maths exam.
- Financial Maths
Maths (H) Paper 2
This course covers the essential methods, formulae and procedures required for success in Paper 2 of the Leaving Certificate Higher Level Maths exam.
Maths (O) Paper 1
This course covers the essential methods, formulae and procedures required for success in Paper 1 of the Leaving Certificate Ordinary Level Maths exam.
- Complex numbers
- Number Patterns
Maths (O) Paper 2
This course covers the essential methods, formulae and procedures required for success in Paper 2 of the Leaving Certificate Ordinary Level Maths exam.
This course gives an intensive overview of key elements of the Leaving Certificate Higher Level Physics exam.
Section A of the exam:
A review of the following experiments:
- Acceleration due to gravity by free fall
- Acceleration is inversely proportional force
- Verification of Boyle’s law
- Verification of the laws of equilibrium
- Frequency is inversely proportional to length for a stretched string
- Measurement of the wavelength of monochromatic light
- Measurement of the specific latent heat of vaporisation
- To investigate the variation of current with voltage
Section B of the exam:
A review of topics from:
- Mathematics of static electricity
- Modern Physics ( X-rays and nuclear energy)
- Planetary motion
- Temperature and thermometers
- The Doppler effect.
|Thurs 19th May||10am - 2pm||Maths Paper 1 (H)|
|2:30pm - 6:30pm||Physics (H)|
|Fri 20th May||10am - 2pm||Maths Paper 2 (H)|
|2:30pm - 6:30pm||Chemistry (H)|
|Mon 23rd May||10am - 2pm||Maths Paper 1 (O)|
|2:30pm - 6:30pm||Biology (H)|
|Tues 24th May||10am - 2pm||Math Paper 2 (O)|
|2:30pm - 6:30pm||French (H)|
|Wed 25th May||2:30pm - 6:30pm||English (H)|
- All classes will take place online using Moodle, our Online Learning Platform.
|Number of Classes||Price|
|Each Subsequent Class||€100|
- Credit Card payments accepted.
- 10% reduction for the second and subsequent members of the same family, attending the same courses. Please contact our office to avail of this discount.
- Fees are non-transferable.
Click on each question for the answer>>Q: How do I access my online classes?
A: Students enrolled on the course will receive an email from us containing their unique login details and links to access their chosen subjects. Login credentials will be sent in advance of course start date. Only those details sent to you will enable you to successfully access classes online.
Q: Will I have access to recordings of the classes?
A: Yes, recordings of classes will be available after each live class is completed. These can then be replayed as a revision aid. These will be available up until the end of the State exams 2022.
Q: Are there any specific requirements to attending this online course?
A: We would advise that all students enrolling in our online course have the following:
• Access to a reliable wifi service.
• Access to a PC, Laptop, Tablet, or similar device.
• We would not recommend using a mobile phone.
Q: Are the class notes available online?
A: No, a hard copy will be given out to each student for the subjects they enrol in.
Q: How much is the fee per class?
A: This depends on the number of subjects taken. Please refer to the fees table to see a list of fees.
Q: Is attendance at part-time courses monitored?
A: Yes, attendance is monitored for each class attended. The Institute however accepts no responsibility for students who fail to attend class.
Q: Are the classes conducted ‘lecture style’ or are students free to ask questions?
A: Our classes are interactive and our teachers use a variety of methods to ensure that students can ask questions and contribute to the class.
Q: My son/daughter cannot attend the course. Can we buy the notes?
A: No. Teaching is a central part of all our courses. The notes are to facilitate recall and revision of the day’s work covered by the teacher.