Join Our School
At The Institute of Education our experienced International Office have been working with international families and educational agents for over 40 years and are committed to supporting you throughout the process.
As you begin your application journey, we encourage prospective students and their parents to look through our website and connect with our International Admissions Team, who are always available to answer any questions you may have.
Have A Question?
Want to find out more about joining our school? Fill out an enquiry form and a member of our International Office will contact you as soon as possible.
How To Apply
International students applying to The Institute of Education should have a minimum of 6 grade C’s equivalent to the Irish Junior Certificate or Merit/ Higher Merit/ Distinction at Common Level Junior Cycle (or have an expectation of same). (GCSE/O Level/State/Final exam in your country).
Students must also show a proficiency in the English language and must be able to understand, converse, and write in English. Please submit Ilets or any language exams with your application.
At The Institute of Education we offer flexible payments options to our international students, allowing parents to pay fees on a monthly or annual basis.
Fees | Click To See What Is Included?
- Choice of 28 subjects
- All classes live-streamed
- Recordings of all classes
- Recordings of all laboratory experiments
- Comprehensive class notes provided
- Supervised Study
- Leaving Certificate Mock Exams developed by Institute teachers
- Mock Orals in all language subjects
- Multiple practice orals
- Mock practices in music
- Exam focused master classes
- Weekly tutorials
- Supplementary project classes
- Maths support groups
- Academic Mentoring
- HPAT preparation classes
- Agricultural Science tutorials
- Geography Field Trip
- Career Guidance
- CAO talks
- Study Skills Seminars and support materials
Extra Curricular Activity Programme:
Bridge, Chess, Coding, Creative Writing, Debating, Entrepreneurship, Film Studies, French Debating, Graphic Design, Irish Debating, Life Coaching, Model United Nations, Philosophy, Table Games.
Sport, Fitness & Wellness Programme:
Athletics, Badminton, Basketball, Fitness classes, Football, Table Tennis, Motivational Talks, Wellbeing Programme
For further information on fees please contact the International Office on firstname.lastname@example.org / +353 1 6613511
1. A deposit of €1000 is payable to secure a student’s place. This deposit does not entitle the student to attend classes.
2. In the event of a student cancelling their application before commencement of the school year, the Institute will refund fees less €500 administration fee.
3. If the student leaves after commencement of the academic year the Institute will retain the deposit and a proportionate amount of the fees
4. No Refund of fees after 1st January 2023.
An initial application to our school can be submitted by families directly, or through one of our overseas educational agents, by completing the online application form.
When completing this form, please select which programme you wish to apply for:
- 1-year programme (6th year)
- 2-year programme (5th year)
- 3-year programme (4th year)
Application forms must be accompanied by copies/scans of the following documents:
- Student’s current passport.
- Last two formal school reports.
- English language exams, if applicable.
Once an application form has been received, the student and their parents/guardians will be invited to attend a zoom interview with our International Admissions Officer.
At interview, the student’s objectives, motivation and examination results to date will be reviewed and discussed. Help and advice will also be given about the curriculum and timing of the academic year to help the transition into the Irish system.
Once the interview has taken place, you will receive written confirmation of the outcome of your child’s application to the Institute. All students who have been offered a place will be asked to accept and secure their place by paying initial an deposit.
As soon as your place has been confirmed a dedicated international student support officer will work closely with you to ensure that your child is fully prepared to start at the Institute. Full details of support given to all new international students starting at the Institute can be found here>>
“The process of getting Shauna enrolled and the information provided was fantastic. It made it very easy for us to make a decision.”
Mark, Singapore, father of Shauna, current 5th year student