2nd – 6th Year Students
At The Institute of Education, we are committed to helping all students maximise their education and learning.
Our elevate Programme has been specifically designed and developed to help all secondary school students achieve their full academic potential by activating their strengths and addressing barriers to learning.
The programme consists of 8 separate modules that are all designed to help students maximise their learning potential. Following the completion of a self-assessment questionnaire each student will receive a personalised insight profile, which identifies factors that are inhibiting or limiting them from excelling in their studies. Students will review 8 pre-recorded workshops addressing each of the 8 modules of the course. These workshops distil the specific knowledge required to truly change your results.
Students will then be provided with a series of supports and tasks to help them address barriers to their academic success and develop a growth mind set.
The elevate Programme is provided online, meaning it is accessible to students across Ireland. The course is student paced, students can access the workshops and resources at a time and a pace that suits them, completing the programme around their existing commitments. Find out more about each of the 8 modules in this programme below.
Each of the 8 modules have been designed and developed with a specific purpose to help activate the strengths on each individual student, as well as address any barriers to learning they may have.
The programme follows five key steps:
- Assessment of needs: Student’s will identify their individual study needs through the completion of a Self-Assessment Questionnaire(SAQ) – leading to an informative student insight profile.
- Individualised supports: On completion of the Self-Assessment Questionnaire students will receive an individualised student insight profile and a range of personalised supports to help build strengths and overcome any barriers to effective learning.
- Online lessons: Students will have the opportunity to attend a series of online lessons, each of which is specifically designed to help activate the strengths on each individual student.
- Progress Tracking: The programme takes approximately 4 weeks to complete with access to resources throughout the year. It is a self-paced course so you can progress through it at a pace that suits you. Progress and engagement will be monitored and reassessed throughout the course with additional tasks and challenges available.
- Development of a growth mind set: Through actively engaging with this programme students will be supported to make positive changes to their behaviour, develop a growth mind set and ultimately become more focused and effective learners.
- Growth Mindset – Your mindset is a set of beliefs that influence how you understand yourself and other people. It shapes how you think, feel, and behave in any given situation
- Motivation – Motivation is what drives your behaviour. It is responsible for the initiation, intensity, and persistence of your efforts in all aspects of your life, including study.
- Memory – Memory refers to the processes that are used to acquire, store, retain, and later retrieve or recover information.
- Goal-setting – A goal is an aim that you strive to attain. The act of goal setting helps to increase motivation, focus attention and complete tasks effectively. All of this contributes to enhanced academic performance.
- O/T Management – Time management and organisational skills focus on your ability to effectively and efficiently plan and use your time. Effective time and organisational management can maximise both your work and relaxation periods. This is done by enhancing your focus and reducing procrastination and study-related stress.
- Study Method – Study approach focuses on your ability to absorb, remember and recall information when needed. These skills focus on where, how and what you study and are related to enhanced work engagement and academic success.
- Exam Technique – Exam Techniques are the skills you use in an exam to help you achieve your desired goals. These skills can help identify gaps in knowledge, enhance exam time management and improve academic performance.
- Lifestyle – A healthy balanced lifestyle involves how you feel, eat, exercise, relax and sleep. Your physical and mental wellbeing contribute to higher psychological, social and cognitive performance
The elevate Programme will take place online, meaning it is accessible to students across Ireland. The course is online and all the materials can be accessed, including the recorded workshops via our online learning platform, Moodle. Students can work through the programme at a pace that suits them.
Find out more about our elevate Programme below from Programme Director, Angella Curran.
The price for students to join the Elevate Programme is €95.
- Credit Card payments accepted.
- 10% reduction for the second and subsequent members of the same family, attending the same courses. Please contact our office to avail of this discount.
- Fees are non-transferable.
Please click on each question below for an answer:Q: How long is the course?
A: The course is online and all the materials can be accessed, including the recorded workshops via our online learning platform, Moodle. Students can work through the programme at a pace that suits them.
Q: Where will the course be held?
A: The entire course will be delivered online. There are 8 specific workshops which students will work through..
Q: Who should attend this course?
A: The course is designed for Secondary school students, from 2nd to 6th Year.