2nd – 6th Year Students
Starting week commencing 20th September 2021
At The Institute of Education, we are committed to helping all students maximise their education and learning.
Our elevate Programme has been specifically designed and developed to help students achieve their full academic potential by activating their strengths and addressing barriers to learning.
The programme consists of 8 separate modules that are all designed to help students maximise their learning potential. Following the completion of a self-assessment questionnaire each student will receive a personalised insight profile, which identifies factors that are inhibiting or limiting them from excelling in their studies. Students will then be provided with a series of personalised supports and insights to help them address these barriers and develop a growth mind set. Progress and positive behavioural change will be tracked and reassessed over the duration of the course so that students can maintain their focus.
The elevate Programme will take place online, meaning it is accessible to students across Ireland, and will run over 4 weeks. Find out more about each of the 8 modules in this programme below.
Each of the 8 modules have been designed and developed with a specific purpose to help activate the strengths on each individual student, as well as address any barriers to learning they may have.
The programme follows five key steps:
- Assessment of needs: Student’s will identify their individual study needs through the completion of a Self-Assessment Questionnaire(SAQ) – leading to an informative student insight profile.
- Individualised supports: On completion of the Self-Assessment Questionnaire students will receive an individualised student insight profile and a range of personalised supports to help build strengths and overcome any barriers to effective learning.
- Online lessons: Students will have the opportunity to attend a series of online lessons, which include interactive discussion and Q&A.
- Progress Tracking: The programme takes approximately 4 weeks to complete with access to resources throughout the year. Progress and engagement will be monitored and reassessed throughout the course with additional tasks and challenges available.
- Development of a growth mind set: Through actively engaging with this programme students will be supported to make positive changes to their behaviour, develop a growth mind set and ultimately become more focused and effective learners.
- Growth Mindset
- O/T Management
- Study Method
- Exam Technique
The elevate Programme will take place online, meaning it is accessible to students across Ireland, and will run over 4 weeks. Each week two different modules will be run in the form of live workshops and tutorials.
Find out more about our elevate Programme below from Programme Director, Angella Curran.
The price for students to join the Elevate Programme is €365.
- Credit Card payments accepted.
- 10% reduction for the second and subsequent members of the same family, attending the same courses. Please contact our office to avail of this discount.
- Fees are non-transferable.
Please click on each question below for an answer:Q: How long is the course?
A: The course is designed to run over 4 – 5 weeks, but as the course is online and all the materials can be accessed, including the recorded workshops, students can work through the programme at a pace that suits them.
Q: Where will the course be held?
A: The entire course will be delivered online. There are 8 specific workshops which are delivered live, and recorded.
Q: Who should attend this course?
A: The course is designed for Secondary school students, from 2nd to 6th Year.