HPAT Preparation 2-Day Online Workshop
Saturday 9th & Sunday 10th January 2021
This intensive 2-day online workshop aims to prepare students for the Health Professions Admissions Test (HPAT), working through sample questions and developing the skills, strategies, and confidence to reach their potential in this important exam.
Tuition will delivered online and students will receive their course login details via email. (Please allow two working days for receipt of login details).
Tuition will be supported by the Institute’s famous class notes which will be delivered to registered students. (Please allow five working days for delivery of notes).
Please Note: Students who register after 10am on Wednesday, 6th January are advised that class notes may not arrive in advance of the course which commences on Saturday, 9th January.
What is the HPAT?
The Health Professions Admission Test (HPAT) Ireland examination is the test selected by the Irish Medical Schools for undergraduate entry into medicine.
The examination is independently administered by ACER (Australian Council for Educational Research), and tests a range of skills that are not tested in the Leaving Certificate. These skills include problem-solving, data-interpretation, logical reasoning, non-verbal reasoning and an assessment of a candidates ability to understand the thoughts, behaviour and/or intentions of people.About our Workshop Tutor: Colin Irwin
Colin Irwin is a
UCC law graduate, RCSI medicine graduate and currently working as a doctor while on the Southwest GP training scheme. 99th centile HPAT result in 2011 and teaching HPAT for 9 years. Colin brings a wealth of experience and expertise to his HPAT courses.
Students attending this online course receive the following benefits:
- Tuition from highly qualified and experienced educators.
- Full length mock examination, under simulated HPAT conditions. Students attending the course are permitted to keep this sample exam.
- Sample Exam questions (equivalent to 5 full sample exams).
- Worked solutions to the HPAT Ireland Practice Test I, Test II and ALL sample questions provided to students during the course. These resources are invaluable as they demonstrate to candidates the logic of each question and allow students to identify the pitfalls and traps that exist in HPAT style questions.
- Comprehensive course notes, which support class tuition. In addition, students are issued with class notes which are worked through during the Course.
- A guide to the logic and reasoning behind HPAT style tests.
- Strategies for maximising performance on the day.
The Institute of Education has invested significant time and resources in developing the materials above. We have also reviewed the materials that are available to purchase and believe that the only additional materials that students should purchase are the HPAT Practice Exams. This material may be purchased from: www.hpat-ireland.acer.edu.au/index.php
Course Content - Day One
This session deals with the following three sections individually:
- Logical reasoning and problem-solving.
- Understanding people.
- Non-verbal reasoning.
Students work through sample questions in detail and are also given the opportunity to try some questions for themselves, allowing them to apply the strategies provided and develop their confidence and exam skills
Course Content - Day Two
This session deals with the following topics:
- Review of the major strategies discussed in Day One.
- Students sit a full HPAT-style examination under realistic conditions, giving them invaluable exam experience.
- Analysis of exam results, which allows students to gauge their progress and highlight sections that require further work ahead of the exam.
- Focus on time management, setting realistic and effective study plans and managing your workload.
All these topics are intended to help students achieve their potential in both the HPAT-Ireland Admissions Test in February and in the Leaving Certificate in June.
|Sat 21 Nov 2020||10am- 4pm|
|Sun 22 Nov 2020||10am- 4pm|
- All classes take place online.
- Login details will be emailed to students approx two working days after booking.
- Credit Card payments accepted
- 10% reduction for the second and subsequent members of the same family, attending the same courses. Please contact our office to avail of this discount.
- Fees are non-transferable
- Login details are emailed to students within two working days after booking.
Q: How do I access my classes?
A: Login details will be emailed to students approx two working days after booking.
Q: My son/daughter cannot attended the course. Can we buy the notes?
A: No. Teaching is a central part of all our courses. The notes are to facilitate recall and revision of the day’s work covered by the teacher.
Q: Am I entitled to the notes from classes that I was absent from?
A: Yes, however you must deal directly with your teacher in relation to this.