The Institute of Education’s elevate Programme is designed to help students achieve their full academic potential through honing in on their strengths and addressing barriers to effective learning.
The elevate Programme is designed around the learning needs students and provides them with solutions to help them overcome any barriers to effective learning.
The programme covers the 8 core themes of effective learning
- Growth Mindset – Your mindset is the set of beliefs that influence how you understand yourself and other people. It shapes how you think, feel, and behave in any given situation
- Motivation – Motivation is what drives your behaviour. It is responsible for the initiation, intensity, and persistence of your efforts in all aspects of your life, including study.
- Memory – Memory refers to the processes that are used to acquire, store, retain, and later retrieve or recover information.
- Goal-setting – A goal is an aim that you strive to attain. The act of goal setting helps to increase motivation, focus attention and complete tasks effectively. All of this contributes to enhanced academic performance.
- Organisation & Time Management – Time management and organisational skills focus on your ability to effectively and efficiently plan and use your time. Effective time and organisational management can maximise both your work and relaxation periods. This is done by enhancing your focus and reducing procrastination and study-related stress.
- Study Method – Study approach focuses on your ability to absorb, remember and recall information when needed. These skills focus on where, how and what you study and are related to enhanced work engagement and academic success.
- Exam Technique – Exam Techniques are the skills you use in an exam to help you achieve your desired goals. These skills can help identify gaps in knowledge, enhance exam time management and improve academic performance.
- Lifestyle – A healthy balanced lifestyle involves how you feel, eat, exercise, relax and sleep. Your physical and mental wellbeing contribute to higher psychological, social and cognitive performance.
The programme follows 4 key steps:
- Assessment of needs: Student’s will identify their individual study needs through the completion of a Self-Assessment Questionnaire (SAQ) – leading to an informative student insight profile
- Supports: On completion of the Self-Assessment Questionnaire students will receive a range of supports to help build strengths and overcome any barriers to effective learning.
- Online lessons: Students will have the opportunity to review a series of online presentations on each of the 8 key themes of effective study skills
- Development of a growth mind set: Through actively engaging with this programme students will be supported to make positive changes to their behaviour, develop a growth mind set and ultimately become more focused and effective learners
To help our students achieve their potential, The Institute is offering FREE access to our Elevate programme to all students who enrol in our weekly grinds programme before 12 September 2022.
For further information please click here