From today, May 5th at 12:00pm, until July 1st at 5:15pm students who have applied for college courses through the CAO will be able to register an online change of course choices, free of charge. If you make a change online an acknowledgement will be sent to the e-mail address you used at the application stage.
There is no fee for using the Change of Mind facility, if you make any changes during the period that is set out. The change of Mind period is from May 5th, at 12:00pm, until July 1st, at 5:15pm.
The following is some information that can be found on CAO.ie about the Change of Mind process.
- Subject to the exceptions and restrictions mentioned below, you may change course choices (without fee) as often as you wish, up to 17:15 on the 1st July;
- If you submit a Change of Mind it cancels and supersedes all the previous course choices in any category in which changes are made. However, choices in the two categories (Level 8 and Level 7/6) are considered to be completely separate from each other for this purpose e.g. a change of Level 8 course choices will not affect Level 7/6 choices.
- If you do not wish to change the courses in one category, do not submit a change. Your original courses in that category will remain unchanged.
- Do not mix courses from different categories (Level 8 and Level 7/6) and make sure to list all of your course choices for the particular category which you change.
- Except for Restricted Application Courses/Restricted Categories of applicant (see page 3 of the CAO handbook and below), you may enter on the form courses which did not appear on your original application.
This and more extensive information about the Change of Mind Process can be found at CAO.ie