10 Week HPAT Preparation Course
Saturday 16th of November 2019 Saturday 8th of February 2020
Get the skills, strategies and confidence to reach your potential in the 2020 HPAT examination.
For further information on grinds and part-time courses please contact our main office on 01 661 3511.
What is the HPAT?
Ireland requires the sitting of the HPAT (Health Professions Admission Test) examination in the year of application to the CAO (Central Applications Office), in order to gain entry to medical school.
The examination is independently administered by ACER (Australian Council for Educational Research), and tests a range of skills that are not tested in the Leaving Certificate. These skills include problem-solving, data-interpretation, logical reasoning, non-verbal reasoning and an assessment of a candidates ability to understand the thoughts, behaviour and/or intentions of people.
The aim of this programme is to ensure candidates are practicing their skills consistently over a number of weeks leading up to the examination.
Students attending our HPAT Preparation 10 week course receive the following benefits:
- Tuition from highly qualified and experienced educators.
- Full length mock examination, under simulated HPAT conditions. Students attending the course are permitted to keep this sample exam.
- Sample Exam questions (equivalent to eight full sample exams): Students are able to practice using these questions prior to their HPAT.
- Worked solutions to the HPAT Ireland Practice Test I, Test II and ALL sample questions provided to students during the course. These resources are invaluable as they demonstrate to candidates the logic of each question and allow students to identify the pitfalls and traps that exist in HPAT style questions.
- Comprehensive course notes, which support classroom tuition. In addition, students are issued with class notes which are worked through during the Course.
- A guide to the logic and reasoning behind HPAT style tests.
- Strategies for maximising performance on the day.
- Weekly questions and answers sessions and extended time spent with the course tutor.
- The opportunity to practice their skills consistently in the weeks leading up to the exam.
The Institute of Education has invested significant time and resources in developing the materials above. We have retained leading experts in the relevant fields to prepare these materials. The Institute of Education has also reviewed the materials that are available to purchase. We believe that the only additional materials that students should purchase are the HPAT Practice Exams. This material may be purchased from: www.hpat-ireland.acer.edu.au/index.php
Saturday 10th November – Saturday 2nd February 2019 from 9:00 – 10:30
*Classes do not take place during Christmas holidays. Students may join at any stage throughout the year, subject to vacancies.
The course fee is €650
Students can join the HPAT Preparation 10 week course at any stage throughout year, subject to vacancies.
- Fees reduce weekly throughout the course.
- Credit Card payments accepted
- 10% reduction for the second and subsequent members of the same family, attending the same courses.Please contact our office to avail of this discount.
- Fees are non-transferable
Q: Can I be admitted to class without my card?
A: NO CARD, NO CLASS. It is every student’s personal responsibility to ensure they have their card with them each time they attend classes at the Institute. We have the right to refuse admission to any student who does not comply with this regulation. A day pass costs €10. A replacement card costs €20.
Q: Is there a place I can get lunch?
A: Yes, we have an onsite canteen serving a variety of sandwiches and drinks. Also, locally, there are sandwich bars and shops.
Q: My son/daughter is unwell and cannot attend. Can I have a refund?
A: No, there are no refunds. However, if you return the student’s admission card to us immediately, along with a short letter of explanation, at the discretion of management, a credit note can be put on the student’s file for future use or for use by a sibling.
Q: My son/daughter cannot attended the course. Can we buy the notes?
A: No. Teaching is a central part of all our courses. The notes are to facilitate recall and revision of the day’s work covered by the teacher.
Q: Am I entitled to the notes from classes that I was absent from?
A: Yes, however you must deal directly with your teacher in relation to this.