Most people know Brian Gregan as our Director of Sport. What some people do not realise is that, through his college education and as a professional athlete who has represented Ireland at European and World level competition, and also hoping to represent Ireland at the upcoming Olympic Games, he has gained a wealth of experience and knowledge around wellbeing. Brian’s focus on wellbeing with students looks at both their mental wellbeing and also their physical wellbeing. Brian works colsely with students on nutrition and healthy eating so that they can stay healthy and focused on their education.
As part of this Brian has been running a series of online ‘Baking with Brian’ classes with students. In these classes Brian shows students how to create and bake healthy, nutritious, and most importantly extremely tasty treats. This week they created delicious Almond/Peanut Butter Bars. A great snack that is full of healthy nutrition and a great energy pick-me-up.
Below you can find the recipe and also some images from this weeks class.
Almond/Peanut Butter Bar Recipe
Makes 16 bars
Calories from fat: 95
- 3/4 cup honey
- 1 cup almond/peanut butter
- 3 cups old fashioned oats
- Dark choc chips (optional)
- Dried fruit – Raisins or Cranberries (optional)
- Put oven on at 180 degrees Celsius
- Combine honey and nut butter until smooth (microwave for 60 seconds)
- Add to oats
- Mix until entire mixture is coated
- Add optional ingredients
- Cover a baking tray with parchment paper (tin needs to be less than 1 inch deep)
- Place mixture in baking tray and compact well with hands
- Place in oven for 10 minutes
- Let it cool for 40 mins
- Cut up into 16 even bats