WHAT IS A GLOBAL ESSAY COMPETITION?
The Harvard Crimson Global Essay Competition provides a platform for young, ambitious high school students to exercise their writing skills in a non-traditional environment. This competition encourages students to challenge themselves and explore different writing styles to ultimately strengthen their writing skills. All essays in the competition will be based around specific prompts. You can find out what the essay prompts for 2021 are here.
Each participant is invited to attend best-in-class workshops, explore careers in writing, and compete for exclusive opportunities and global recognition!
Registrations to enter this Global Essay Competition close on March 22nd 2021. You can register for the competition here and find more details about the different deadlines here.
WHAT IS IT ALL ABOUT?
DEVELOPING WRITING SKILLS
- Hone written communication skills and challenge yourself with university-style guidelines, while in high school.
- Add a high-impact achievement to your CV/resume and/or university application.
- Have your essays evaluated, and possibly endorsed, by The Harvard Crimson.
- Prepare for university-style writing and expand your repertoire.
NO BARRIERS TO ENTRY
- The entire competition is held online, removing geographical barriers to entry.
- Workshops and webinars will guide participants through the competition.
- Represent your country and region on the global stage.
- Compete and network with highly-motivated and talented students invited from every country around the world.
EXCLUSIVE PRIZES UP FOR GRABS
- Published work on the official HCGEC website.
- Exclusive internships with The Harvard Crimson.
- Crimson credit with Crimson Education to help reach individual goals.
- Harvard Merch for every global winner!
- Generous cash prizes.
- Click here to view all prizes.
Click here to find out more about the Harvard Crimson Global Essay Competition.
More information can also be fond on www.essaycomp.org.