Online Christmas Revision Course 2020
Italian is one of the many subjects available on our Christmas Revision Course, that takes place from December 28th – 31st.
This 4-day live and interactive online course provides students from 1st – 6th year with expert tuition and exam focused notes delivered straight to their door. Pre-recorded tutorials, and all classes, will also be available for students to re-watch until the end of June.
Italian teachers from The Institute of Education share their secrets to success in the oral exam.
Practice practice practice!
- Practice speaking Italian with a friend from class. Ideally make a day or a lunch when you can only speak Italian to each other. Chat about your daily routine and try introducing current affairs.
- Prepare responses to common personal questions.
- Avoid memorising scripts.
- Use as many verbs as possible in your response, a minimum of seven verbs in each tense.
- Avoid making the examiner work to assess your ability. For example, if the examiner asks ‘What did you do last weekend?’ don’t merely respond with a single activity. To demonstrate a good grasp of the language and an extensive vocabulary, cover the entire day from getting up in the morning to going to bed at night.
- Link vocabulary with different verbs. Use both regular and irregular verbs for each tense.
- Record the conversations and listen to them during the day instead of your music.